Monday, December 27, 2010

Dear Reader

Dear Reader,

Don't give me a hard time about not blogging . . . I've been very VERY busy! I have a life, you know. A life that recently included the creation of four (FOUR!) dolls and two plush chickens--that lay eggs. But here's a story that must be told, all about M.

M started reading The Pepins and their Problems a couple of nights ago. I was lying down reading with both girls. M starts huffing and puffing.

M: "This author keeps saying 'Dear Reader' like she's talking to me."
Me: "You don't like that?"
M: "No."

A few pages later, she flings the book down.

Me: "You're not going to read any more?"
M: "No! The author just kept talking to me and wouldn't get on with her story!"

The nerve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's worth the wait. I agree with M. I don't need to be reminded that I am being narrated to by the author.

KWB

Johanna said...

Yea! you blogged! I miss talking to you - I have to make a trip to Utah just to visit friends!