Sunday, February 13, 2011

Love Bites

So I say to my daughters, "Come see these ideas I've found for making Valentines for this year," as I gather them around the computer. They hem and they haw. They wander off. A couple of days later I ask E if she has decided which kind of Valentine she wants to make. "Well, Mommy, I'd like to do something you didn't find on the computer. I want to do something different." (A girl after my own heart.) She thinks for a while and suddenly, in a grand moment of inspiration says, "That's it!" And what, dear readers, is "it"?

COBRAS!!

Yes, my sweet daughter is giving out venomous snakes for Valentines. I think they're brilliant.



Marmot Dad likes it when they all face the same way.



Are you feeling the love?

The only problem is that they are fragile--real fragile. We've spent a lot of time gluing tails back together (and someone, who shall remain nameless, blamed me when he glued his own stubby fingers together with the glue).

Those rotten second graders had better appreciate them.

5 comments:

MBC said...

Ahhh, she's so awesome.

CSIowa said...

Charming snakes! And what a beautiful background your new table provides!

Holly said...

Those are AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

What great left brain thinker you've got there. Getting a love bite from a cobra beats an arrow through the heart by Cupid.

KWB

merry b said...

FIrst thought was how much contact has E had with cobras and has she seen Indiana Jones? Secound thought was "this is awesome" and tears came to my eyes. Does it say something about me that I think this is a very apporpriate way to say you care about someone. I see the logic. I absolutely love the heart shaped design of the body of the cobra and that the head is in attack position. What better way to celebrate the holiday of love. Pink or red, is that how you tell if they are boys or girls? What medium did you use.
Thanks for a fun outlook on life